Very important audiences and visits were done during a week
Whenever he travels to Paris to attend the Board meetings every four months, even during the pandemic, our President General, brother Renato Lima, takes the opportunity to make visits and maintain institutional contacts.
In most of the activities he has been accompanied by his special advisor, Gonzague de Raullin, or by other members of the International Board. During the week of March 1-4, President Lima de Oliveira had an intense schedule of activities, which we highlight below (see photos):
- Participation in the celebrations of the 200th anniversary of the birth of Brother Maurice Maignen, one of the cofounders of the Congregation of the Religious of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Audience with Bishop Mathieu Rougé, Bishop of Nanterre.
- Visit to the Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Paris, Monsignor Michel Gueguen, secretary of the Notre-Dame de Paris Foundation.
- Audience with the Apostolic Nuncio of the Vatican in France, Monsignor Celestino Migliore.
- Visit to the Brazilian Embassy in France, in audience with Ambassador Luis Fernando Serra.
- Visit to the headquarters of the National Council of France and to the National President, Michel Lanternier.
- Working meeting with the staff of the international headquarters.
- Visit to Father Andres Motto, international spiritual advisor of the SSVP.
- Participation in the Ash Wednesday Mass at the Parish of the Holy Spirit, followed by a visit to the Conference of St. John Eudes (of which our Secretary General Deputy, Jean-Marc Ossogo, is a member) and a social action at the train station (Gare de Lyon) with the homeless.
- Working meeting with our brother Bertrand Ousset on the international statutes.
- Visit to the exhibition of Catholic icons at the Petit Palais in Paris.
- Mass at St. Rosalie Parish, where a plaque alluding to the SSVP will be unveiled on April 24.
- Visit to the dear mother of dear Stéphane Joachim, employee of the headquarters, who passed away in December last year.
Here are some photos of these activities: