President General visits to Argentina
On June 1st and 2nd, brother Renato Lima de Oliveira, 16th President General, will be visiting Argentina, one of the most important countries in Latin America.
The President’s agenda includes:
- Audience with Cardinal Mario Aurelio Poli, Archbishop of Buenos Aires
- Visit to the Institute “Mary’s Hope”
- Launching of the book in Spanish (“Passionate for charity and justice”)
- Visit to the “Vincentian House” (elderly house)
- Visit to the Basilica of Our Lady of Luján, patron of Argentina
- Ceremony of honorary citizen’s title to brother Renato Lima
- Visit to the Conference “St. Lawrence Martyr” – 80 years of Vincentian services
“I would like to visit more and more places, but time does not allow us to. I intend to take to the Argentinean brothers and sisters the message of peace, unity and charity that the Council General takes to all nations. Keep up your good Vincentian work, serving in hope”, said President Renato.
In October of this year, Argentina will receive an official visit from the members of the International Territorial Vice-Presidency (ITVP) America 3: Julio César Marques de Lima (Vice-president) and Francisco Velasco (Zone 3 Coordinator).
We pray for the success of the President’s institutional visit to Argentina.