Live Streaming the Events of the CGI Annual Plenary Session
From June 13th to 15th 2019, the Council General International (CGI) of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SSVP) will host its Annual International Plenary Session in Porto (Portugal), with the attendance of the most outstanding Vincentian leaders from all over the world.
Important decisions for the SSVP’s future will be made during the event. The Plenary session consists of several events which will be broadcast live on Ozanam TV. Check the timetable, always based on the official time of Lisbon (local time):
- 13th June (8 am to 6 pm) – Permanent Section meeting (made up of the International Board of Directors and the Territorial Vice Presidents).
- 14th June (8 am to 6 pm) – Annual Session of the International Executive Committee (14 countries).
- 15th June (8 am to 1 pm) – 1st Workshop of Vincentian Shops (four countries will share their experience).
During these three days, we will have the joy of receiving two important special guests who will conduct very interesting talks on current topics: Professor Guzmán Carriquiry Lecour (Secretary of the Vatican Pontifical Commission for Latin America), and Father Bertin Sanon (Superior General of the Religious of Saint Vincent de Paul).
In addition to these two talks, the International Plenary Session will comprise two book launches as well as that of a Vincentian song; the signing of an institutional cooperation agreement; the award of the medal “Charity in Hope” to the Scouts; the dissemination of the management report regarding the first three years of the current term of office; and the release of a new institutional video of the SSVP.
Follow the events on https://www.facebook.com/ozanamtv. Internet users will also be able to participate in this Plenary Session with comments and questions, sending their comments via Facebook. Don’t miss it! Join in!
Special Ozanam TV broadcasts:
- 11th June (8 pm) – Release of a special video on the 2nd SSVP International Youth Meeting, held by the General Council in 2018 in Salamanca (Spain).
- 12th June (5 pm) – Opening Ceremony at the Porto City Hall.